Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

2 yoyo loaches - i dont think..

Posted By: jacquie
Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2002, at 6:41 p.m.

About 2 weeks ago I purchased what i thought were 2 yoyo loaches - from same tank etc - not had these fish before, and although one had darker more typical markings, I thought that the paler one was just a colour variation and the poor guy in fish shop had such a problem catching them, that i thought - oh well, i would have liked 2 striking ones, but....

Anyway, from the minute they were in the tank, it was obvious that they had totally different characteristics and temperaments - the obvious yoyo was confident immediately, exploring everywhere, having little chasing games with other fish, quick to go for food,....paler loach was a lot shyer, liked to nose in the sand,and rest under a crack under the bogwood, with just eyes shining to show he was there.

As i say, ive had them for 2 or 3 weeks, and the 'obvious' yoyo is now much fatter, and bigger and the 'pale guy'