Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Vevet Disease on Clowns

Posted By: Horm <hormiga33@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 12 September 2002, at 9:28 a.m.

Hello all,

I have been lurking around this forum for over a year now. I post occasionally when I think I can offer help. I need help from those with experience this time around. I recently purchased three clowns from Deathmart and put them in a 5-gallon isolation tank. One of them showed signs of ICK so I treated them with Rid-Ick (one of the best stuff for ick, IMO) for five days or so. Their condition degraded over the past two weeks. Well, it looks like the velvet disease, not ick. I immediately began treating them with coppersafe (half strength, of course) and added some salt as well. I feel terrible, as I should have caught this sooner. My question for those who had bouts with thi