Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

My 30gl's cycle is 95% done!

Posted By: Kadabra790 <templar9@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Saturday, 14 September 2002, at 1:30 p.m.

Pretty quick, wasn't it? I brought my water in to be tested in 2 weeks ago, and the cycling was just over the nitrate hill. It went so quickly because I used about 98% of the 10 gallon's gravel, and a quarter of it's water. Not to mention one and a half bottles (under the LFS owner's recommendation) of the TLC bacterial stuff. I'm taking the water to be tested again on Monday. Usually I wouldn't have used TLC, but my clown really needs a pal. Hopefully he'll have a couple more very soon.

But all of the fish are doing wonderful. The 2 otos have cleaned a algae-covered plant non-stop. It was totally dark green less than 3 weeks ago, now it's algae-free! The danios are being themselves.....the eatin