Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

New Light Kit Out

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thursday, 19 September 2002, at 1:51 a.m.

Just thought I'd share this bit of news I was overjoyed to discover. Coralife is out with this electronic ballast setup that enables aquarists to easily replace the guts of their strip lights with Compact Flourescents.

EZ Ballast comes in straight-pin (European) and square-pin (Japanese) models. All it is is a power cord with a ballast that plugs into an outlet on one end, and a rubber-covered waterproof "socket" on the other. You insert the pins-side of the bulb in the socket and VOILA! The socket-side, where the bulb plugs in, is so small, and compact flourescents are very thin, so you can retrofit ANY existing stock light strip in 5 minutes.

For example, I ordered a ballast kit and bulb for my 29 gallon, which originally came with a full hood and strip light with a single measly 20 watt