Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Paradise Fish

Posted By: greg <gregandeileen@juno.com>
Date: Friday, 20 September 2002, at 2:30 a.m.

I was thinking today that my Paradise Fish has become one of my favorites- right up there with my loaches!

I had never seen any for sale in this area, but had drooled over pictures in a book. I saw a few about 6 months ago my LFS got in. He admitted they were hard to get.

Anyway, I got the pick of the tank. You only want one male, they will kill each other! And females are rarely sold, they are very plain, like Gouramis. I had read horror stories about how aggressive they are, but I couln't pass up that fish!

Anyway, after about 6 months, he has grown from about 2" to 3", and his tail is starting to fan way out. I was worried about the color, but about a month ago, here it comes! A turquoise-blue background with vertical red stripes about every 3/8 inch the entire length, and his colors seem to still be get