Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Water Change Behavior

Posted By: Groovyfishguy <groovyfishguy@juno.com>
Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2002, at 2:34 p.m.

I Recently decided to move my 55 Gallon Community tank across the room in my home office. I drained about half the water and slid it across my low knap carpeted floor. Cleaned the filters etc...
Then I refilled the tank with slightly cool declorinated tap water. Then Something very unusual (at least to me) happened. In this tank I have 3 small (3 inches) clown loaches plus 2 yo yo's and 3 Striatas. One of the clowns seemed to be attracting a lot of attention from the yoyos and the striatas and to a lessor degree the 2 other clowns they would swim side by side a a very rapid pace twisting and turning faster than the eye can follow almost as if they were locked by their spines? then the clown would get away and another loach would 'hook up' . I thought this was very strange and perhaps some form of 'spawning' behavior. What