Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Sick loach

Posted By: keem <dreamkeem@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2002, at 11:22 a.m.

Yesterday I found one of my juvenile weather loaches white and dead on the bottom of the tank. I saw them the day before and everything seemed fine. Don't know what the problem was. This morning, I saw my oldest loach [I had it around 2 1/2 years]and it's tail was gone a lot and there was white fuzzy stuff on the end of it. I was thinking it might be ick?? I put that loach into an isolation tank. I looked over the other fish in the community tank and they all look fine [knock on wood]so I am hoping there will be no more problems. The dead loach did not have any ick looking stuff on it. It looked normal--just pale in color-like fish look when dead.
So, I know you can't use traditional ick meds on loaches. So what do I use? Thanks!! :)

Messages I