Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Hallowe'en and Clowns

Posted By: Tibor <tiborkun@earthlink.net>
Date: Thursday, 3 October 2002, at 11:19 p.m.

I'll be having a cozy little mid-October Hallowe'en party at my apartment next Friday, and have been agonizing over decorations and the such as only a truly obsessed individual such as myself can do. Seeing my fish as my kids more-or-less, I'd like to include them in the festivities. What's more, the tank will be the light for the evening, excepting the television. So I've come up with some ideas, and would like to hear some go/no-go's if you all don't mind. Don't want to bring too much dark cheer to their happy home, if you know what I mean!

1) Would they enjoy a real jack-o-lantern? We can feed cucumber and zucchini, and they're of the same plant family, yes? I could drop in a glow stick, maybe have a squash big enough the clowns might swim right in. Anyone fed their fish pumpkin? I can just see their little barbel-laden snouts sticking out of it nose...

2) How do you know if a plastic item is safe? I'm thinking about plastic skulls, or those tiny jack-o-lanterns just big enough to hold a few jelly beans (or gravel to weigh them down).

3) Think colored construction paper under 12.5-watt tubes would be safe or a fire hazard? I could dim the light, but not sure what color to go with that won't ruin their excellent natural Hallowe'en coloring.

4) Any ideas on how to construct tiny gravestones for a miniature graveyard? I know it's weird, but...

Any other ideas, and do any of these sound like dangerous no-no's?

TIA!

Tibor

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Re