Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Unlikely (but happy!) Tank Mates

Posted By: Lesley <lesleywimbush@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 6 October 2002, at 10:49 p.m.

Well, I had to move my tiger botia from my 30 gallon a couple of days ago. I don't think he is a mean fish, he is just like a large, hyperactive dog that doesn't know his own strength and my poor corys, striata and yoyo were taking the brunt of it.
I ended up putting him in with my evil gourami, Hannibal. Hannibal is golden, the size of my hand and tough as nails. I've had to keep him alone for most of the 6 months I've had him because he hates everything and everyone (including me). However, he very calmly accepted the introduction of the tiger into his domain and there hasn't been a problem with either one since, not even at feeding time.
I'm happy it worked out because I sure didn't want to take that tiger ("Cuda") back, he is absolutely stunn