Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Stress by Terror!

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Saturday, 12 October 2002, at 1:51 a.m.

I have just read all the ways you can stress fish. Chemical, biological, too many too fast, and on and on. And it never mentioned scaring them while working in the tank.

I guess there's not much you can do about it, but I'm curious if anyone has seen problems with their fish after doing major work in the tank.

I just did a water change, then trimmed my plant (singular). Then I spent 45 minutes!!! re-arranging my rocks to give my Clowns I'm getting better hiding places. (They had great caves, but they were very open.) Then I noticed little spots of dark green algae on the glass and rubbed most of that off with a cloth. In doing so I knocked many of my plastic plants out of the gravel (so easy to do!) and had to put those back.

The Tetras never seem to be frightened. In fact, when I siphon they follow it around and I have to be careful not to suck them up!

But will this be a problem with Loaches? (Of course I hope not to be in there so long very often.)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.