Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

For SusanA: Got my Clowns!

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Saturday, 12 October 2002, at 7:59 p.m.

That was a fun day. I went to 6 LFSs, then back to the 3rd to get the Clowns and Black Neon Tetra.

The Tetra is medium size to match the other two "Survivors." (I updated my Profile already.) The Clowns are 1 1/8". I was advised that it was safer to buy them bigger, but couldn't resist. I love to buy things (plants, anything) small and watch them grow. Plus, well you know... only 10 gal. (I did resist buying three! Tempted because they were so small.)

At all the stores I checked out tanks (I'm thinking about 40 gal is right for my next step), heaters, and thermometers. I got a new little strip thermometer for the side of the tank. The one I had was too difficult to read. I think I found a good heater, too, but I'll post about that to be sure.

I also bought some new flake food simply because the canister I had was about 1 1/2 years old and perhaps lost some of its nutritional value. I bought a smaller one this time.

Well, back to my tank! They sat for 15 min to get the temp the same, then I poured in some of my tank water. I'll do that a couple of more times before netting them in.

Going to take out the charcoal from a new filter and put it in, then the Ich treatment... 12 drops a day for two weeks.

Thanks for all your help! Gareth and Nikki and others, too. Pray for me! No, pray for my fish! LOL

Messages In This Thread