Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Clown Behavior

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Sunday, 13 October 2002, at 12:00 p.m.

My two new Clowns seem to be fine, calmly looking around the aquarium floor together. And they spent last night together in a cave. But they are also spending a lot of time swimming quickly up and down one end of the aquarium. I have seen this in the stores. Is this normal? Or are they adjusting to their new home?

I recently read that the way you know when your fish are stressed is to learn their behavior, then notice when it changes. I don't know what their normal behavior will be yet, but this up and down the side I have seen in stressed fish before.

BTW, 1 or 2 of the Black Neons sometimes join in with them (not normal for them at all -- they probably see the action as feeding time) but the 3 Glowlight