Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Re: Help Buying a Thermometer

Posted By: Drew
Date: Sunday, 13 October 2002, at 1:09 p.m.

When you say thermometer, you mean heater i hope?

Ok, I personally wouldn't buy anything but ebo Jager. I bought a Petsmart Pro Quatics couple years ago, and replaced it with a 100w ebo in my 10gal. should-a been two 50's but we learn. Anyways, my house gets into the 50's indoors at night and a single 50w wasnt holding temp, tank would drop atleast 5F, and for me thats rediculous. so i got that ebo 100w.

Peter, I'd get two 50w for your 10gal, IF your house gets cold at night, if not, a sinlge 50 should be fine. And sticking heaters are rare but they happen.

I have to unplug mine with every cleaning too, no biggie for me. But then again may be for you. I don't know if ebo's have the shutoff feature never bothered to look or read, i just play it safe and unplug em.

In my 130gal i have a Ebo 250w and a Ebo 200w. The ebo 250 is in the tank and i only take water down to the top of the coils in a water change, believe it or not that marks the 25% line in my tank with the head of the ebo out of normal water line. These two heaters replaced two 300w Visi Therms. One I broke, the glass basicly shattered with a tiny tap, the second leaked and got condensation inside and I wasn't gonna risk it with water inside the heater. The only problem I've had with an ebo is a 100w in the Qtank which the temp control was ALL messed up, I thought, tried fixing and finally got it to stay at 80F but the dial reads something like 18C. I'll replace it someday. But since then I think the ebo was actually fine, since most of the physical glass thermometers i was using then I found out were all inaccurate by like 2 - 5 F...

Goodluck Peter!

~D

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with