Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Buying a Heater

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Sunday, 13 October 2002, at 1:21 p.m.

I went to 6 LFSs yesterday and probably saw a dozen brands of heaters. The only reason my list is smaller is that they didn't stock many of the brands in the size I need. Here's my thinking so you can tell me if I'm not thinking right! LOL

My tank goes down to 78 at night where the heater light turns on and off as it should, maintaining that temp. But with the lights on in the day it warms up to 80+ at which the heater should remain off. But it still comes on and off... so I figure I need a new one.

I want 50 watts for my 10 gal.

I would like 2 25 watts so one can act as back-up, but the only 25w I found was a Hagen (not recommend in previous posting) and it was only 6" long. This means that when I do