Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Clown Loach looking sickly

Posted By: Aimee <aimee@sullen.org>
Date: Saturday, 19 October 2002, at 5:00 p.m.

I bought three clowns in August, they've been living in a 20gal alone until a couple days ago when I added a pair of german blue rams. [Side note: yes, I know the clowns will outgrow this space. I plan to put them in my 45gal once they get a little bit bigger]. They were treated for ich not long after purchase, but have been in good health since. I've observed some black spots on fins, but I was told this was normal.

For the past couple of days, one clown has been hiding most of the time sandwiched between leaves on a plant. I coaxed him out today and examined him - it appears he hasn't been eating (his belly looks hollow and I haven't seen him coming out to eat much) and the edges of his fins are a little bit white. He just looks sickly, too, especially when compared next to the other