Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Fish Dynamics

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Thursday, 24 October 2002, at 2:04 p.m.

Like "loachy dancing," "fish dynamics" is a technical term. It refers to the relationships of fish in the aquarium. LOL

Anyway, I'm having fun watching the dynamics of the relationships of my fish. It sure changes when you add a new one.

Most all day the Tetras school, usually hanging out near the intake to the filter (not the outtake which would scare me!), while the Clowns and Red-tailed Shark cruse the bottom. But when I drop in a sinking wafer all hell breaks loose!

At first it took a long time for them to start feeding on it. Now it takes no time at all.

All three bottom-feeders, and to my surprise some of the Tetras, are right there. This morning I split the wafer in two and put one piece in each