Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Product Dating

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Thursday, 31 October 2002, at 11:41 p.m.

As the USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture) has started doing more and more to protect PEOPLE, it has made it law that food products be dated. But our fish aren't valued as much I guess. Or WE aren't fussing about it enough.

All the fish foods I have are dated but in code. It's very simple to read IF you know the code.

Some of you are pretty friendly with your LFSs. If you can get the code for any of the major companies, it would sure be useful to post it for us all.

BTW, while I think the age is important, I think it's probably even more important how long you've had it since it's been opened. That's why I recently discarded a very old large can of flakes and bought a new small one.