Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Sid Saga

Posted By: Nic & Ric <ricw@vianet.ca>
Date: Saturday, 2 November 2002, at 11:07 a.m.

As yet another door slams shut in our face on the prospect of getting some sids, I just had to share/rant here about the latest one which really takes the cake. After James(Western Canada)'s deal fell through because of lack of interest, while people started buying sids from Fish2U.com instead at twice the cost to them shortly after he proposed the deal here, we turned to backup sources. Fish2U.com won't ship to Canada unless the fish are bred in Florida and they didn't have any left by this time anyway, but there was a place in California, Mr. Fishy Fishy, that was selling them on AquaBid. The auction was gone so we e-mailed them to see if they had any left.

On AquaBid, they were selling the sids 10 for $90.00 USD and clearly stated that they ship internationally. They responded that they do still have them, but they claim they cannot ship to Canada - I guess "internationally" means anywhere in the world except for Canada? But if that's not enough, they also said that "their season for this fish is now over and the cost of this fish has gone up drastically. For 10 of them it would run you nearly $275.00. Personally, we feel this price is to high." OK, so I guess what they're saying is that their wholesaler's cost has gone up now, but these are same stock they were selling on AquaBid that they aquired while they were in season!

I checked a new auction by them on AquaBid http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fw&1036626073 and sure enough, they ship "internationally" still. They also explain how they haven't been able to recieve e-mail for the past 3 weeks because someone hacked into their computer, erased their e-mails and infected it with a virus that wiped out the hard drive. Jeez, why would anyone want to do something like that to them - they seem like such nice people!

I've come to the conclusion that it'll be easier and cheaper to just book a flight to Thailand and catch them myself! Anyone in on this deal? ;-)

Ric

Messages In This Thread

View Thread |