Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

This was too easy.

Posted By: SusanA <susanccr@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 3 November 2002, at 1:04 p.m.

As I wrote a couple of days ago, I ended up with four striata, currently in my q-tank. The three I added after the demise of one of my first two looked pretty thin and I've been worried about how they'd do. They wouldn't eat for the first twelve hours, so I was starting to get panicky. I've had loaches not eat for a couple of weeks after I got them, and I didn't think these little guys would survive a hunger strike that long. Plus the three I added were greyed out and looked pale compared to the incumbent.

Well, yesterday I threw some blood worms in there and pandemonium broke out. All four of them had bulging bellies. Now they're woofing down everything I throw in the tank!! They've eaten sinking wafe