Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

problem with feeding Botia macaracanthus

Posted By: Zorba <akunja@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 5 November 2002, at 8:46 p.m.

Hi from Europe!

I hope someone will give me an advice or a strategy. My problem is very simple but the solution is not.

Have 3 young Botia macaracanthus in my tank, healthy and young. The problem is with feeding. I am feeding them right now with tablets and they like it, but there is a problem.
When they find a tablet and start eating, other fishes come in seconds and scare them away, eating the food mentioned to Botias.

I tried everything I could. I fed other fishes on one side and kept them busy while Botias where eating the tablet on other side. Not for long !
I also tried to put a tablet at night ( other fishes wake up and same old story ).

Now, my Botias are active mostly on day. Does someone has a suggestion how can I