Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

New Loach and Corys

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sunday, 10 November 2002, at 2:06 a.m.

I went to my favorite LFS 4 times this past week. The first time was for plants. The next day I went back for more plants.

Yesterday, I went to pick up yet more plants, and sell them my corydoras mattae and caudimaculatus. I got bored with those corys, cause all they did was lay around, eat, then lay around some more. They're also boring colors with their browns and blacks. I have too many more interesting fish with the same colors. Besides, I was really looking for adolfois when I settled for them. This store really know how to care for fish, so I no problem selling them to the store.

While there, I noticed some striatas. I got a new small companion for my lone striata, to replace his first buddy, who thought he was a chinese acrobat, but ended up drying up on the floor instead.

On my way out of the place yesterday, with striata and more plants in hand, out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of white, orange and black. Lo and behold, they had a tank full of corydoras adolfois! Now, appaprently, these fish seem to be rare in these parts because I've never seen once since I started looking for them in February.

I didn't get them, because although it would be nice to have such beautiful bright-colored additions, I figured they would probably just lay around.

Well, last night I kept visualizing how their colors would really add alot to any of my tanks (can you say, "Hi, my name's Kelvin, and I'm a fishaholic"?), so this morning I went back to the LFS and grabbed a couple. Boy, was I wrong about corys.

Not only did they indeed liven up the tank, they are very active. They actually swim around as much, if not more, than the striatas. I am quite surprised. And, they're not just swimming around because of a new environment, I can tell. I guess not all cory species are mellow. They actually swim together with the striatas, until the striatas get tired!

I'll try and post new pics of my new all-plant aquascape and the adolfois and striatas in the next couple of days.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Fo