Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

New Aquascape and Real Adolfoi Corys

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sunday, 10 November 2002, at 11:36 p.m.

Here are some pics of the cories and striatas and the tank they're currently in. And, lemme tell you, these two cories definitely know the loachy dance. Note that the sandy terrain is forever changing, since the striatas stir it up alot. Now that there are also VERY active cories in there, it's going to change much more often. You gotta love these two species together.

I'm starting to think I should get two more of these cories before they're gone, never to be seen again. This is the same store that once got eleven botia splendidas that sat around for months, because customers didn't know what they were. The LFS guy said one day someone came in and bought 'em all!

New plants, left to right are a wendtti brown crypt, amazon sword,
brazilian sword, amazon sword (in back), java fern (in front). You can just make
out one of the three corkscrew vallises I have in the front left corner. I
accidentally left them in the bleach too long, and they lost all their leaves.
But, in three days, they've grown over an inch of new leaves. The wood is
grapewood.

Here's one of the new cories. Note that they are REAL Aldofois.

Here's a shot of the two adolfois and the two striatas hanging out. Both species
are so active, it's hard to get a good group shot! :-)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.