Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

clown loaches

Posted By: Chris Bryan <hickpeak@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, 15 November 2002, at 8:22 p.m.

I have just recently been given a 65gal tank with 4 5" clown loaches. I have never had any type of fish before, and have been trying to learn as quickly as possible. I have had the tank for 4 weeks now and have noticed that the clowns are getting small black spots starting on the head area and now some on the body. They are size of pin head and quite dense on head of two of them. I test every day for ammonia, nitrides and ph, tests are negative and ph is 6.8, temp is 77. When I was given tank, the owner helped me set it up and treated it with copper safe, which I have been told is not good for loaches, so I have been doing 20% water change every 4 days to remove it, I have been using cycle with water changes as told by local pet store guy.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.