Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Martin: Plecos

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2002, at 1:29 a.m.

Wow, where did you find an Acanthicus adonis, Martin? Very beautiful fish. How big is it?

BTW, I've never of encountered anyone else with a leopardus before. They must be quite rare, seeing as you got yours in the U.K.

I understand completely about the poop some of these plecos generate. Just the other day, I moved my ancistrus from my 29 gallon to a 10 gallon, because I noticed that the poop was really heavy because the Panaqolus and the Ancistrus were in the same tank. Lo and behold, it wasn't really the two of them combined, it was mostly the ancistrus.

And, now he's in my 10 gallon pooping up the place. But, when I get my 75 up, I think he'll go back to the 29 as the lone pleco. He gets picked on too much, and I feel sorry for him. And, for some reason he's endearing to me, probably because