Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

injured yoyo loach

Posted By: jiggerpolebill <jiggerpolebill@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 21 November 2002, at 9:56 p.m.

i have 2 yoyo loaches in a 10g tank filtered by a Penguin bio-mini. i dont know how he did it, but one them got inside the filter. behind the cartridge! i think there's a story of one doing this in the species index. i checked the intake tube and there's no holes or slots bigger than 1/8 of an inch so i figure he somehow jumped/swam upstream and under the bio-wheel and then jumped over the cartridge.
anyway, he didnt come away from this unscathed. it looks like he has a nasty cut right at/behind his gill plate. its showing some pink meat so i know its not just superficial. i have some Melafix and also some aquarium salt that i can treat him with. he's also in a tank with molly fry. is there something i can treat him with that will also be safe for the fry? i just changed my filter c