Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Sick Molly

Posted By: Kristin <Smiley2501@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 22 November 2002, at 11:25 a.m.

I had a Molly in my tank and she looked like she was getting sick. The next day I got home, she was covered w/ a cottony fungus and there was a chunk missing out of her tail fin, and her pectoral fins were split. She also had pop eye! I took her out and put her in my hospital tank. I treated her for fungus and give her quite a bit of salt. She still eats too.

The salt cleared up the fungus in one day and made her more active, but now where her fins were torn, there is some blood!

She is the only one who got sick out of my 4 tiny red eyes, 1 baby pleco, and 1 still small Leporinus fasciatus.

I know that Scooter (leporinus fasciatus) has a rep. for fin nipping, but he is really quiet and he loves to hide inside his cave a