Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Yo-Yo Loach

Posted By: Tooper <rruby@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Saturday, 23 November 2002, at 9:15 p.m.

I have 3 yoyo loaches that I introduced into my 20 gallon tank a few weeks ago. Within several days they developed ick (the loaches at the fish shop where I made the purchase developed ick as well). I treated with Aquarisol and salt, and after a couple a days, they made a full recovery. My question is this: One of my loaches flicks himself against the rock (in the tank) on a regular basis. He also is not nearly as active as before, or even as active as the other two loaches. He remains hidden under the rock most of the day. There are no external signs of disease (meaning ick, injury, etc.), but I am convinced something is wrong. Any suggestions? The water quality is excellent, and temperature has remained unchanged.

Messages In This Thread