Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Loaches hiding, not eating enough snails

Posted By: stripes <brown_d@kids.wustl.edu>
Date: Thursday, 28 November 2002, at 1:27 a.m.

I've seen little of my botia striata for the past 4 months, and I'd like to see more of them, and particularly, I'd like to see them take on the small white cone-shaped snails that just showed up in the tank a few weeks ago (likely from some new plants). I used to see more of the six of them: they'd come out and click over frozen bloodworms and sometimes for shrimp or algae pellets. Now even with feeding time I don't see much of them. I even was wondering if some had quietly died and been eaten up without a trace, but a week ago late at night saw enough of them out to be pretty sure that's not why they're hiding. The tank is heavily planted with thickets of dense plants, but the loaches seem to be always under the driftwood. Feeding