Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

DING DONG THE ICH IS DEAD!

Posted By: Kristin <Smiley2501@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 3 December 2002, at 9:51 a.m.

Sorry I haven't keept in touch about my ich. I went out and finally bought the ich cure. It is such a strong medicine, that it tells you to treat for 4 days and then do a 25% water change.

I upped my temp to about 83-84 and started dosing. The ich was gone the next day, but I continued treating the way as instructed. I had to continue airation but remove the carbon filter. Oh, I also moved Hope and Spanky back in my 20 gal a few days before I started treating.

Everyone is so happy now. After the water change (I did about 30%) My tank was still a greenish color, but the insturctions said that the medicine would still be in my tank a few days after, which would give additional prevention. I just put my filter back in yesterday, so my water is starting to clear up!

This is the second time I had to result in Ich Cure. This med has never let me down. I treated my tank for a few weeks with maracide, which didn't really help.

It just resulted in me treating Ich cure (and it kicked its @$$)!

From now on, I am an Ich Cure person!

Hopefully my tank will be clear again when I get home from college and work today.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.