Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

OT: Gareth (anyone) - Shrimp question

Posted By: SusanA <susanccr@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 7 December 2002, at 6:32 p.m.

My son has a VERY mixed tank with neons, zebras, African Dwarf frogs, platys, a common pleco (very small still and will be returned soon for something that stays smaller) and kuhli loaches. He saw some amano shrimp in the LFS and fell in love. Tank is 76-77 degrees, on the low side for Ph, and long established. He keeps a high bio load, but never has any ammonia or nitrites. Fairly high nitrates, tho, as his water change regimen is not what I would hope.

Can you tell us if you think the shrimp would be a good addition to this tank? I'm a little apprehensive about the frogs. Seems like the shrimp would look like bugs to them. And what are the requirements for keeping shrimp?

Thanks,
Susan

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.