Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Seven Hours of Tank Cleaning -- Complete!

Posted By: Tibor <tiborkun@earthlink.net>
Date: Saturday, 7 December 2002, at 11:02 p.m.

Whew! I was busy today! Changed about 75 gallons of water in my 55-gallon tank doing so much cleaning you could eat off that gravel (good thing, huh?!) Scraped algae, thoroughly cleaned both filters, the hoods, rocks, plants... Decided I was going overboard when I started eyeing that "No more tears" shampoo and connecting the clowns to the bathtub in my head. :-P

Anyway, figured I'd take some pics of the results. I'm very low on plants right now, but here they are anyway. The clowns already went to bed (they turn in pretty early) but were real sports today even when the water level was down to four inches. I'll have some of them tomorrow.

^ That's either Sebastian or Wolfgang peaking out. :-)

^ The smudges upper right are tiger barbs. The others are harlequin rasboras and a lone neon tetra that the clowns won't eat.

^ The entire tank at a glance.

FYI, that's a 55 gallon, twin Penguin 330's. 5 clowns, 10 rasboras, one neon, two bristlenoses and seven tiger barbs.

Tibor
"Je vous envoie dehors comme macracanthus parmi le modesta"

Messages In This Thread

V