|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (4)
Finally figured out what is wrong with the 135g
Posted By: Gareth Dominy <email@example.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2002, at 11:23 a.m.
You may recall that I was noticing I had a couple of loaches with cloudy eyes, and that I had lost a some fish recently to dropsy (a while before the tank crash).
I finally figured out what is wrong with the tank and I'm quite concerned. I have a rather nasty Hemorrhagic Septicemia infection raging through the tank that has gone pretty much unhindered. I didn't really notice the typical symptoms until this morning (Gold gourami, and one clown loach with some visible blood streaks at base of the tail). The good news is I think that it is contained to only a few fish (although I am going to treat the whole tank;
- Moonlight Gourami (odd patch of colour developing in scales)
- Gold Gourami (blood streak, red patch under gill plate)
- 2 Clown Loaches (one with Clouded eyes, one with blood streak at base of tail)
- Tiger Loach - Clouded eye (it had gotten better but came back worse)
- Maybe one yoyo (he's scratching like crazy, no Ich)
I will begin treatment with Maracyn II ASAP and keep you posted on the progress, I really hope I can curb this outbreak as I finally have the tank stock the way I want it (and I don't think I could handle another large scale tank kill).
Messages In This Thread