Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Heater Freak Accident!

Posted By: Kristin <Smiley2501@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2002, at 11:44 a.m.

On Saturday, my tanks were due for a water change. My boyfriend did his two tanks first and then I did mine. When I started cleaning my aggressive tank with my new additions (4 baby cichlids) everything was going well. That was until I started filling my tank back up. When the tank was almost full I heard a strange buzzing sound and then a huge BOOOOOOMMMM!

I was scared $h*tless. At first I had no clue what it was. Then I looked at my heater in pieces on the floor of my tank with little fibers floating everywhere. I started wigging out and took all the pieces of glass out that I could see. Then I yelled to my boyfriend who was waiting at the sink with the super siphon SUCK!! I sucked and vacuumed all the glass out along with about 80% of the water. Then I refilled the tank and treated with a special stress coat/ chlor out. I made sure my pH was ok and then I had to go and blow $$$ on a new heater. It figures that it only happened to me.

The heater was AQUA SAFE.... not very safe to me.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.