Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

almorhae/rostrata ?

Posted By: Frederick Miles <Fraidnot7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2002, at 9:30 p.m.

I bought some(2) small loaches at my lfs about a month ago. I noted that they looked like yo-yo and said so to the owner of the shop. He replyed that he specifically did not order yo-yo and that these were "indian dwarf loaches". so I have scoured the web and this site and I don't know which of the two specie in the subject they are. Mine are each between 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches. have partial double bars on each lobe of the tail and the dorsal fins- the other fins only a small spot on the leading edge--the pict of rostrata on fishbase.net could be of siblings of mine eccept theirs lack the dorsal fin markings mine have. your rostrata picts-first pair have three tail bars, second two look more like mine. mine bears some resemblance to your second yo-yo pict however I must say that all the bars