Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Pics of Sand Tanks - I Suck as a Photographer

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thursday, 12 December 2002, at 4:00 p.m.

Here are some updated pics of the tanks with sand. I know they're sucky pics, but maybe you can see that the grain of the sand is quite large, and that it is very clean in all tanks, and I do basically no vaccuming. I no longer do ANY cleaning for algae, because there's an SAE and algae-eating pleco in each tank, even with real plants

29 gallon -
Fish: clown loaches, butterfly pleco, bristle-nose pleco, black mollies, mickey mouse platys,
variatus platys, tiger barbs, siamese algae eater
Plants: amazon swords, anubias gigantea, anubias with spear-shaped leaves(forgot real name), cryptocoryne willisi, cryptocoryne wendtti brown, java fern
Structure: slate cave, fake log (middle), grapewood (right).
Lighting: 55watt compact flourescent 6700k
Filtration: AquaClear 200, (2) Powerhead 301s with quickilters

10 gallon -
Fish: clown loaches, cactus leopard pleco, black mollies, variatus platys, siamese algae eater
Plants: anubias gigantea, java fern, anachris, corkscrew vallis, cryptocoryne wendtti green, an unknown plant that thrives
Structure: red slate cave, grapewood, grey slate cave.
Lighting: 15 watt Hagen LifeGlo 6700k
Filtration: AquaClear 150

5.5 gallon -
Fish: corydoras adolfoi, white-spot rubber-nose pleco, black molly fry, botia striatas, siamese algae eater
Plants: anubias gigantea, java fern, anachris, corkscrew vallis, amazon swords, an unknown plant that thrives
Structure: rock cave, grapewood
Lighting: 14 watt GE AquaRays 9325k
Filtration: AquaClear Mini

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with