Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

sucking loaches

Posted By: keith <keitheames@speed-mail.co.uk>
Date: Sunday, 22 December 2002, at 2:44 p.m.

I have a community tank comprising 15 Harliquins,5 Lemon Tetra, 5 zebra Danios, 2 Kribs ( fairly large ) and until recently a Golden sucking loach. Occasional disputes between the Loach and Male Krib occured but all very quick. More like Handbags at 20 paces. All seemed well until my loach is no more.

No untoward behavure, no marks,just dead. Could the stress of the Kribs bully tactics be the cause. Both Krib and Loach were approx 10cm long.

Also on a completely different matter why is it not possible for me to keep either Mollys or Platys? Always the same result Platys fade after 5-6 weeks Mollys the same. Quins, Danios and Tetras all in same water all survive. I'm puzzled. Any help would be appreciated