Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Got the Life-Glo today per Gareth and Kelvin

Posted By: SusanA <susanccr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 26 December 2002, at 3:33 p.m.

Santa Modesta was a little late, but . . .

After it being backordered forever I finally got the 48" Life-Glo today at work. I think a trip to the store for some plants is definitely in order. :-)))))))

Here's my setup: 55G tank with UG and a HOB bio-wheel. Currently have one anubias nana which is doing very well (the dojos bulldozed the coffeefolia), three puny java ferns and two crypts. (I am removing the java moss - the dojos swim through it and make a mess of the filters.) I have some current in my tanks, but it's not whitewater level. I keep temp around 76 - it may vary one degree either way. My water is extremely soft, and I keep coral gravel in one of the filter baskets. Ph is between 6.6 and 6.8.

Suggestions for plants? I was thinking about a sword or two, in pots. I know I won't be able to do a fully-planted tank for two reasons - I'm not going to fool around with CO2 and the UG demands vacuuming the gravel.

Messages In This Thread