Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

excess mucus production/cure

Posted By: sambo
Date: Monday, 30 December 2002, at 12:39 p.m.

my angle had this white slime. and gave it to my discus. tried maracyde, clout, coppersafe, which worked on the discus, but nothing worked for the angel until i put him in a gallon of water with a hand full of sea salt and double dose of Aquari-sol for an hour or two. then back in the main tank, it cleared up the next day but came back. did it again this time 2 days in a row for two hours, then back in the main tank with enough salt to kill some of my pathos plants. it's been gone finally for 3 weeks and he looks great. replaced the tank water with fresh water since, still lookin good. dont know if it was the aquari-sol or the salt, but it's the only thing that killed it. ph at 6.4, temp at 85F. highly recommend this extended salt "dip"