Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

OT: For Peterinwa - Fertilizer

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Friday, 10 January 2003, at 6:17 p.m.

I just thought you'd like to know that in one of my tanks, one of the species of plants started leaf-curling. Another started showing yellowing new sprout leaves. Sounds like some fertilizer requirements to me.

So, instead of guessing which element(s) are lacking, I decided to go with Seachem's Flourish, since it's their comprehensive product, and Seachem products specifically state that they don't include the dreaded phosphates and nitrates that algae LOVE!. Lo and behold, the dosing is literally miniscule. The dosage calls for 1 ml for 50 gallons! The problem tank is only a 10 gallon, so the dosage is less than 1/4 ml once or twice a week. And boy does this stuff reek! Must be good, since it smells like freshly dead sonmething-or-other! :-) We'll see, huh?