Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Foam in my tank

Posted By: SusanA <susanccr@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 11 January 2003, at 3:50 p.m.

I'd been getting actual foam at the top of my tank, along with an oily looking sheen at the top. I was changing water a lot, but it just came back. Water tested fine, fish were unaffected, but it bugged the heck out of me.

So I did a big water change yesterday and dredged the top with a paper towel to get rid of foam and oil slick. I decided, while I was at it, to make sure the tank was as clean as possible so I could rule out water quality as a source. I don't take the loach cave apart every time I do regular maintenance because it upsets them so much. I take it apart only about once every six weeks or so. There's only about two square inches I can't get to with the vac and I when I fill the tank I make sure