Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Shiny spots on fish! Need Help!

Posted By: Ted <howiedayfan821@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 12 January 2003, at 11:16 a.m.

hello -

i have just noticed the formation of some shiny spots on all of the fish in my tank. there are two mollies, four tiger barbs, and a couple clown loaches. all of the fish have them on their operculums. the clown loaches have one large spot on the operculum just below and behind the eye on each side. the black mollies have many spots on their bellies and operculums and their fins are losing their black color along the edges. their dorsal fins have a lot less color than the tail fins. the tiger barbs have a large spot on their operculum on each side. i do not know what this is, so if anyone knows i would greatly appreciate it. the spots, all of them, are shiny and reflect colors like a cd.

all the fish are still eating, except i had one clown loach d