Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Stricken with Ick!

Posted By: Shari <sanford@monmouth.com>
Date: Tuesday, 14 January 2003, at 12:23 p.m.

thanks peter, for your helpful article on ick! asking for advice as I am new to a large (30 gal is big for me!) tank and to my favorite fish, Botia modesta. Tank has been cycling for 2 weeks. Have seeded it with several cups of my 10 gal tank rocks and some of its unkillable java moss. Has one 2" Botia 'The Bot', 3 guppies, 6 tetras, two adult green cory's and 4 babies and one otocinclus. Plant order coming tomorrow. Just found a guppy with white on the caudal fins and a baby cory with a white-edged notch in his tail. Not spots. Is this Ick? never had a problem before with disease (Just lucky, I guess) so am not sure what I'm dealing with here. pH is 7.0, 65 watt light, temp @78 F. Water has a bit less th