Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Do we over feed toomuch??

Posted By: minnow
Date: Tuesday, 14 January 2003, at 11:03 p.m.

I was at the Dallas Aquarium on Saturday and while the diver was feeding the fish in the large SA Amazon exhibit, I asked how often they feed the fish. The answer was three times a week! The fish all looked fine and happy ;). When the diver got in the fish all began coming toward him taking food from his hands. There are three enormous Pacus and a pair of large catfish, alond with a few smaller cichlids, silver dollars and a group tetras.
If the large fish were hungry, they would eat their tank mates in in a large aquarium like that.
So I assume that they've been trained to this schedule. Granted, a large mature fish probably doesn't need to eat as much and isn't as active as smaller fish, but there were some juvenile fish
in there.
Benefits- cleaner water(less in, less