Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Update from Peter

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Thursday, 16 January 2003, at 12:52 p.m.

Unfortunately I started using Flourish and Flourish Iron and CO2 at the same time, so I can't identify which is helping the most. But my plants are starting to grow.

I'm still fighting hair algae which I trim when I clean, but the plagues of dying fish (got a QT tank) and dying plants and brown algae are history -- knock on wood. And the algae growth should subside when the plants get larger and out-compete it for nourishment. That's the theory, anyway.

Once someone commented that my fish all looked the same. When I un-overstocked and gave a LFS three of my Tetras (and the Red Tailed Shark), I gave them the Glowlights and kept the Black Neons. I had no idea at that time that I'd be acquiring more fish, Otos and SAEs to deal with my algae