Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Just had to share this story

Posted By: sherryg <Gail.Sherry@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Friday, 17 January 2003, at 10:58 a.m.

Well it is the hillstream loach novice here again. Well after my last two dying, I have got the tank settled again, new filter which gives a great current and have decided to try again.

Off I went to the aquarium shop and with all the advice that I have read and have been given by Martin and Jim, I was determined to get the best in the place.

I could not believe how hostile the guy in the shop became. I asked him for 2 "hong kong plecs", but asked him if he could catch two that had looked very active who were now sitting behind this filter in a particular tank. He firstly told me that they were selling from a different tank than I had pointed out, this tank he was referring to there was dead fish in it, so there was no way I was having anything out of that tank. So he agreed he would get them out of the tank I had pointed out, but said that he couldn't guarantee catching the ones behind the filter as they would run as soon as they saw the net, but carried on to tell me that the ones that stayed on the bottom of the tank (and didn't move the whole time I watched them) were much easier to catch ! Hmmmm I wonder why ! I really really had to stand my ground, but eventually he caught the two I had wanted.

I was utterly astounded that I got this kind of reaction, but lets hope it was worth the hassle and that the two I have bought will be OK.

As I was walking out of the shop couldn't but help notice and smile at a notice that said "Full Time Staff required - knowledge of fish not essential" Kind of says it all really.

Thanks for listening to my war and peace !

Messages In This Thread

View Thread |