Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

my loach has passed...

Posted By: holly <hgarner78@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, 17 January 2003, at 12:05 p.m.

well after a nasty battle with ick, (s)he unfortunately did not made it. we had her for almost 5 years, and was at 6 inches big! it's very sad, as we feel we've lost a member of the family! but her passing presents another problem. our 2nd loach (i realize we should have had 3 but...) is not sulking, won't come out of the cave and hasnt eaten in a while. i know he needs a companion but i have a feeling it will be difficult to find one big enough for him to bond with. also we're still treating the tank for ick so we have to wait until it's stable again...we want to get more right away only so he'll eat again but we also want to wait until we know everything is alright again. anyone have any su