Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Clickfest!!!!

Posted By: SusanA <susanccr@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 18 January 2003, at 3:04 p.m.

My husband has a tendency to view my fishtank as decorative (!) and has been bugging me about getting some brightly colored fish for the upper regions. Stock in the local lfs is abysmal lately, but one good one had a tank of very nice bright rosy barbs. I got four and they just got out of QT. After the usual acclimation process, in they went.

WELL!! All four striata came blasting out of their cave, fins flared and clicking up a storm. They chased those rosys around the tank for ten minutes, maintaining a constant barrage of clicks. The dojos came out from under the gravel, thinking maybe all the clicks meant food, and strafed the perimeter. The barbs, thoroughly intimidated, retreated behind the powerhead.

Now, about a half hour later, dojos have gone back to sleep, the serpae tetras, who came out as a school to see what was going on, have retreated to the plants and the barbs are checking out their new home, carefully sticking to the upper half of the tank. The striata are still all out, doing that loachy dance up and down the glass together, presumably showing solidarity and demonstrating to the interlopers just who is the boss of THIS tank.

I've never seen the striata react like that. The rosys are the first fish I've added since the striata.

Who knew?

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.