Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

OT: PowerFilter Options for 75 gallon All-Glass

Posted By: Mr Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Monday, 20 January 2003, at 3:30 a.m.

I have the "all-new" one-piece molded frame on my All-Glass 75E Tempered Tank. Because of the new beefier frame, the tank has a 1.25 inch lip on the top. This makes it possible to hang ONLY an AquaClear 500 from the AquaClear line. (I use AquaClears on my 3 other tanks.)

Although I'm going to run my Eheim Pro II 2128 cannister as the main filter, I'm looking for options to keep the upper water column clear of suspended particles, if necessary. Does anyone happen to know of a good hang-on that extends off the tank LESS than the 4 inches an AC500 will? The reason for my question is for clearance issues behind the tank. The tank will be setup in an entertainment system, which will only be 24 inches deep, and I'