Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

LFS Horror story

Posted By: Nikki <akastes@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 20 January 2003, at 3:53 p.m.

I was cuzin thru a mall in my town and stopped in at a little pet store. I went to the back where I know the Botias are and looked in at the clowns. What I saw was upsetting. out of the three left, 2 of the clowns had wasting. One was on its side, gills pumping hard, the other kept falling over when the healthy one brushed by it. They looked bad, and I mean bad!!!! little swimming skeletons they were.
I pulled a clerk aside (young silly girl) and asked her about the condition of the loaches and what they plan to do with them, with the idea that i would bring them home and treat them. She told me that they get treated in the back in a q-tank. I told her what meds they needed and for how long. She called her boss over and told him. He poked around at them with a net until they were swimming around, muttered under his breath and walked away. I asked the clerk if he was going to do something, she said he was right away. Well he was not in too much of a hurry and kind of walked around a bit, put his coat on, and left the store. I was appalled. i left the store thouroughlt p****d off. I am so glad I do not shop at that store to begin with. I dont want anyone else to either. Im thinking I should start a regulatory body for making fishstore operators adhere to a minimum standard of care. I am sooooo mad right now, im spitting nitrites!!!!! Just had to vent. I feel so bad for those poor suffering fish right now, and im helpless to do anything about it.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg |