|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (4)
Posted By: loaching
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2003, at 11:01 a.m.
Washington Post had an interesting article today in its food section regarding tap water. Just letting water age might not help with munciple water additives. The story said, at best, the water has to sit 48 hours, and that only works if chlorine GAS has been used. Other ways of adding chlorine, won't necessarily go away, and if they use chloramine (this was the part that was new to me) it won't go away at all, even after a week. The only way to know is to call your water utility. I have to confess to using de-chlorinizer chemicals in my fish water because its faster ... now I have even more reason, although I'm generally not too fast to add stuff to my water. If you're interested, here's the link. (It may go away pretty fast. I'm posting this on Wednsday.)